Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whispered words of wisdom

Because this is my very first attempt at a blog, I thought I should explain what I'm going for.

First let me begin with the title.  Let it Be.  These three words have become my personal motto, I tell them to myself repeatedly, but perhaps if I could actually learn/re-learn/remember how to let some things be, I wouldn't be in this position.  (I'm referring to:  the position that has compelled me to blog in the first place.)

My goal here isn't to be completely cryptic as the little paragraph above seems. Actually, I want to play you a song (yes, you will have to click play, and yes, a myspace player will pop-up) and then, I want to share a story with you.  I've tried a journal, it didn't work, I've tried listening to music, it didn't work.  I thought I'd combine the two, and maybe get some feedback.  How long will I keep this up?  Probably until my sister says:  "Kris this is dumb, stop it."

Intro, COMPLETE.

Now, on to today's story of the song "Let it Be"- by the Beatles of course. 



Once upon a time, I found myself in a bad position. One, where my only thought was "I want my mom."  Needless to say, I was somewhere around the age of 18.  She came to me, she sat with me, I looked at her, the pain I felt was inching it's way to consume me whole, and my mom just said the following, "It's going to be ok honey, just let it go."  I know my mom is always right, but very rarely do I listen.  I did that time.  I decided to move forward with my life, because in just a few simple words the following truth comes out:  no amount of heartache, struggle, or pain will ever undo what's been done.  All you can do, is let it be, and find happiness again.
From there, I let myself let my cares go, I found what I believed to be "me" and for the first time, I loved myself.

Now, it's a decade later, another series of unfortunate events have taken place, and I've lost myself again, I've allowed myself to be renamed "Victim" and, for the love of all thats holy, I'm sick of it.  I'm on a mission, but first, I need to get a few things off my chest.

Thanks for listening.

Please note:  The myspace player is a liar, "awef" is NOT the artist. I'm sure it has something to do with copyrights of some sort.  Also, I'm using the lame myspace player, because it's the smallest thing I could find, and I wanted to take up only a little amount of space. Know why?  Because, this is my space.

Hilarious.

1 comment: